Tips and "what you need" for Barre!
Welcome to Barre!!
If you are new to this format here are some things I would suggest you have in terms of equipment:
- Ball (here's a great one you can purchase on Amazon)
- Barre Sox: optional but great for extra grip on the floor (Amazon link to some similar to what I wear)
- Yoga Mat: again optional, but if you are on a hard floor you need something that gives you some cushion and does not slide around! If you are on a carpet no mat is needed (here is a link to a very affordable, eco friendly yoga mat!)
- "Barre": you can use anything sturdy such as a counter, back of the couch, chair. Much of the time you won't need anything! These classes are designed to be easily done at home.
- Weights: just light weights are all you need. I would recommend a range between 2-5 pounds. We do lots of reps with light weights!
- Bands: you can use resistance bands instead of weights as an option if you prefer!
You can absolutely start with zero equipment and decide as you go what it is you would like to invest in (pretty much any of this equipment is very low cost! If you decide you love barre and would prefer to have a portable barre at home, that's something I can help you with, just reach out via email!).
Barre is designed to be low impact but a very effective workout that offers muscular endurance, balance, flexibility and overall toning! Always listen to your body, pay attention to form and start where YOU are and build from there.